Bus evacuating Covid-19 patients catches fire in Gulu

0
11059
Parliament bus carrying Covid-19 patients catches fire along Gulu-Kampala Road today Thursday. (Photo: Parliament Media)

A bus belonging to parliament that was being used to evacuate 25 COVID-19 patients from Kitgum to Kampala has caught fire.

The bus registration number UG 0391 H burst into flames at Koro Trading Centre in Omoro District along the Gulu-Kampala Highway around 4 pm today Thursday.

The Aswa River Region Police Spokesperson, Mr Jimmy Patrick Okema, could not tell whether any of the people on the bus sustained injuries.

He says a team of fire officers from Koro rushed to extinguish the fire but it had caused extensive damage to the automobile by the time they arrived.

Earlier this week, Gulu Regional Referral Hospital turned away more than 24 Covid19 patients from Kitgum district citing space constraints.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here