Kiboga SPC surrenders after shooting colleagues dead

Hussein Sserugo, the Special Police Constable (SPC) who shot dead two of his colleagues at Nakasozi Police Post in Kiboga District has surrendered to police.

On Saturday, Sserugo shot and killed the officer in charge of Nakasozi police post at Nakasengere village in Nakasozi sub-county, Sgt Patrick Okola, 36, and a former crime preventer, Fred Wasswa Kakuru, 33, for yet to be known reasons.

Sserugo handed himself to Mwanga Police Post after two days of hiding before being transferred to Kiboga Central Police Station for further legal management.

The Nakasozi Sub-county Chairman, Wayub Mpagi, said residents informed him of the murder and alerted the police that went to investigate the matter.

A team of detectives from Kiboga police station, Hassan Katumba, inspected the scene off crime and ascertain the cause of the shooting.

The Wamala Region Police Publicist, Rachael Kawala, said police were interrogating Sserugo over the murder adding that the SPC will be arraigned before court to answer charges of murder once investigations are complete.

On Sunday, Ms Kawala said “It is alleged that at around 11am, a lady who is yet to be identified came to police to report a case of domestic violence against the husband, prompting Sserugo to send Wasswa to call Okola to attend to the complainant”.

The police officer added that Sserugo who was armed with an SMG rifle with 20 rounds of ammunition followed Wasswa and shot him dead together with in-charge of the police post.

“Thereafter, Sserugo hijacked a motorcycle rider identified as Martin Turyasingura, whom he forced to carry him as he fled the scene with his gun,” the police spokesperson said adding that the suspect forced the rider to drop him in a distance of half a kilometre before robbing him of Shs6,000 and a mobile phone.

According to police, six cartridges were recovered from the room where the two bodies were found.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here