Lamwo man dies after drinking poison

Net photo

A 32-year-old man has committed suicide at Tumanoon B Village in Agoro Sub-county, Lamwo District.

The deceased identified as Patrick Kidega reportedly ingested “Ambush” insecticide yesterday (Monday) at around 12pm and died at 11pm at Agoro Health Centre 3 where he had been rushed for treatment.

Mr Francis Todwong, the Tumanoon B Village Chairman, told our correspondent that the deceased had earlier on sold off two bottles of the chemical belonging to his father and spent the money on alcohol.

It is reported that when his father questioned him, Kidega went and ingested the remaining chemical.

“He just went and ingested the chemical left at home upon learning that his father had realised that he had sold off two bottles of his pesticide, Mr Todwong said.

The chairman said it was common for Kidega to act weirdly whenever he became drunk to the extent of threatening to harm people.

“In 2008, the deceased attempted to commit suicide by hanging in front of his father’s house but thank God he was rescued,” Mr Todwong added.

Subscribe to Our News

* indicates required

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here