Over 70 killed in Yemen airstrike

More than 70 people were killed Friday when an airstrike hit on a Yemen detention centre in Saada, a stronghold of the rebel Houthi movement in north-western Yemen.

In a statement today (Saturday), the Saudi-led coalition fighting Houthi rebels in the country denied it had carried out the air strike.

The coalition also said the site was not on a list of targets to avoid that had been agreed with the UN and had not been reported by the Red Cross.

Saudi-led coalition forces have been fighting Houthi rebels since 2015.

Tens of thousands of civilians, including more than 10,00 children have been killed or wounded as a direct result of the fighting.

UN secretary General, Antonio Guterres, said in a statement that the “escalation needs to stop.”

Source: BBC

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here