Bees kill baby in Kikuube

Baby Churchill with his grandmother at a local private clinic in Kikuube Trading Centre, Kikuube District. (Image: Gad Asaba)

A two-year-old baby boy has died after being stung by bees at Kikuube Trading Centre in Kikuube Town Council, Kikuube District.

The deceased identified as Ronald Aine was stung together with his two-year-old cousin brother only identified as Churchill when they were playing in the courtyard today (Tuesday) at around 2pm.

Aine was rushed to a private clinic at Kikuube trading centre where he was pronounced dead on arrival while Churchill was by publication time admitted to a local clinic.

A 65-year-old man, Amlan Katusabe, was also stung by the bees and is admitted to Kikuube Health Centre 4.

Mr Nicholas Byaruhanga, a resident of Kikuube trading centre, told our reporter that the killer bees came from a hole in an electricity pole where they have lived for three years near the house in which the affected children have been living with their grandmother.

He challenged Umeme Limited – distributors of electricity in Uganda to always inspect their installations for any possible damage so they can be replaced to avoid such scenarios.

The Member of Parliament for Buhaguzi County in Kikuube district, Mr Francis Twinomujuni Kazini, noted that some electricity poles in the area are outlived; calling upon the management of Umeme Limited to always inspect their installations for public safety.

The in-charge Kikuube Health Centre 4, Dr Alex Atuhairwe, said Mr Katusabe is responding to treatment.

Subscribe to Our News

* indicates required


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here